It’s back! The Awesome Loundsley Green Quiz Night and Pie and Pea Supper will return on Saturday March 17th, 2018. This is the third time we have run this event and it has always been a really enjoyable evening!
Tickets are now available priced at £8 per person (Low income = £6) – contact email@example.com or 07753 605272 to order your tickets. The ticket will include an excellent Pie and Pea supper (vegetarian pie available – please let us know when booking).
The winning team will receive the Loundsley Green Challenge Trophy.
You can come as a team, or join others on the night to form a team!
Doors open at 6:30pm. Bring your own drinks.
Posted in News
Tagged event, meal, quiz, supper
A local consultation is just starting to explore the options of starting a conservation group to look after the areas adjacent to the Holmebrook river through Loundsley Green Park, plus the area to the other side known as The Pingles (along Red House Walk). If you’d be interested in getting involved, please contact Rick Westwood on 07565 402124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two new Photoshop courses comes to Loundsley Green!
Photoshop for Beginners
To provide an introduction to the use of digital image editing using Photoshop. To improve confidence using ICT and to increase overall creativity.
6 weeks course, 2 hour sessions.
Based on 7 students minimum the cost will be £55
- In this course we will locate and open the software.
- Find and open images, save images in a different format.
- Save in a new folder and on a memory stick.
- Identify Photoshop’s workspace and palettes.
- Create your own work space.
- Use the zoom and navigator tools.
- Use selection tools.
- Take a look at layers.
- Repair a photograph.
- Colour a black and white image.
- Improve tonal quality.
- Remove distracting objects, marks.
- Use creative filters.
- Sharpen a image.
A continuation for students who have completed the beginners course, or are confident using the basic tools and multiple layers. Have access to software at home 6 weeks course, 2 hour sessions.
- In this course we will look more in depth at hand colouring a scanned image or drawing.
- Create your own colour palette.
- Clipping type to image.
- Photo merge.
- Work with brushes.
- Work more with Layers, Modes.
- Smart objects.
- Refine edges.
- Create a dramatic black and white image.
- Prepare a image for the web.
- Rescale images.
- Create montages.
To book or for more information, contact David at email@example.com or call 07792 202 422.
Started in April 2014, our not-for-profit Sunday lunch and social club takes place once a month (currently the first Sunday in the month between 12pm-2pm). This involves the serving of a cooked Sunday lunch at 12:30pm, followed by tea/coffee. The aim is to provide a low-cost freshly cooked meal in a social setting, particularly targeted at those members of the community who may live alone but equally to allow families to benefit too.
Our current volunteers have worked extremely hard over the past four years to give up their time on a Sunday to provide this much loved service – understandably they are now ready for a break. As a result, unfortunately the December Sunday Lunch Club will be their last. A huge thanks go out to Barbara and her whole team for their dedication over recent years! Loundsley Green Community Trust would therefore like to invite any other volunteers who may like to take over (anything from planning, preparation/cooking of any of the courses, serving of food, etc.), or run a scaled-down version e.g. a “bring and share” event. If so, please do contact Paul Davies on 07753 605272 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to everybody that came to our Open Brunch on Saturday Sept 9th. It was great to see so many new faces to find out what we do and what you can get involved with at Loundsley Green Community Centre! If you do need to contact us again, our contact details are in the top right0hand corner of our website (Click “About Us”) or instead click here!
Please note that we have a new phone number: we can now be contacted on 074 22 57 58 55. Please accept our apologies if you have previously had difficulty getting hold of us on the former number.
After a bit of a lull the Loundsley Green Youth Club is up and running again every Friday from 6pm to 8pm. It’s run by Kerry and Chris, is open to anyone aged 13 – 19 years, and has loads of great stuff to do. Please let as many people as you can know about it!
Our Equipped to Succeed programme won the Most Innovative Project award. Well done to the team: Monica, Gill, Dave and Lisa and to creator Beverley. The project has been workshops helping people to move their lives forward with fantastic results. The photo shows the team with their award.
We were also a runner up in the “Organisation of the Year” award, which was actually won by Hope Springs (congratulations to them). The other photo shows some of our volunteers at last night’s award ceremony. Well done to all of our fantastic volunteers!
Practical skills for around the house
Learn and share useful skills
Are there jobs around the house that you want to learn how to do? Would you like to know how to:
• Make household items?
• Put up shelves?
• Build things for the garden?
• Do simple brickwork?
• Repair leaking taps and pipes?
• Do simple electrical work?
Or do you have skills that you would like to share with others?
Our learn and share workshops could be for you.
Every week experienced joiners, plumbers, bricklayers and others will share their skills with you. Over coming weeks you will be able to suggest topics for future sessions.
All ages welcome: men, women, boys and girls
Tuesday afternoons : 3.45pm to 5.45pm
Start date : Tuesday October 27th, 2015
£1 per session – includes tea / coffee
For more information contact:
• Charlie : 01246 559463 or email@example.com
• Paul : 07753 605272 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Loundsley Green Fun Day in June people were asked what their top tip was to try to avoid food waste and this is what they said:
- Cook less
- Plan your meals
- Use the freezer as much as possible
- Freeze Bananas in their skins – instant Banana Ice Cream!
- Mash all vegetables and meat left over from Sunday Lunch then fry in butter. Serve with brown sauce
- Make soup out of the stalks of Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Keep Cling Wrap in the fridge as it makes it much easier to find the edge
- Use a shopping list and do not buy food that you do not need; that way you will not waste it
- Store fruit in the fridge except for Bananas and Pineapples
- Grate a big block of cheese then freeze it.
- Store half a pepper in the fridge with the stalk and seeds still in
- Store potatoes out of plastic bags, ideally in a cool dark dry place
- Freeze meat before it reaches its Use By date if you know you will not use it up in time
- Put old carrots or soft celery into a glass of water in the fridge to revive them
What can you do today to create less Food Waste?
Did you know?
- The top three foods that Britons throw away are Bread, Potatoes, and Milk
- 1.4 million Bananas are thrown away each day
- 1.5 million Sausages are thrown away each day
Would you make a meal for 6 then throw it in the bin? Well the average household throws away the equivalent of six meals a week! This costs the average family almost £60 per month!