Our programme of free IT courses have been running since summer 2013 here at the Loundsley Green Community Centre. These are open to all, and places are available on a first-come first-served basis. Classes run weekly for eight weeks, and start again in the first week of every other month (March, May, July, September). We offer both beginner and intermediate classes, which we aim to make light-hearted, engaging and social with plenty of one-to-one support. Booking is essential to avoid disappointment!
Beginner Classes – Thursdays 7pm-9pm (Starting Spring 2017)
- Week 1-2: Basics, Starting with a keyboard and mouse.
- Week 3-4: Using the Internet and E-mail safely, Passwords, Dealing with pop-ups
- Week 5-6: Using online searches, public services
- Week 7-8: Using web forms, Job hunting online, CV skills
Contact Terry on 07815 538967 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book for the beginners class.
Intermediate Classes – Wednesdays 7pm-9pm (Starting Spring/Summer 2017)
- Week 1: Windows Operating System overview and navigation
- Week 2: Devices and Gadgets
- Week 3: Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Week 4: Video & Messaging (Skype, YouTube)
- Week 5: Shopping online and staying safe, consumer websites
- Week 6: Make Money Work, Buying and Selling online, price comparison
- Week 7: Photo editing
- Week 8: Creating a Website, Sharing Knowledge
If you or somebody you know would like to register for the classes, please call us on 01246 767284 or e-mail email@example.com to register your interest and/or book places in the classes.
If you would like to tutor or help-out in the classes, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always looking to expand classes and offer them on different days and times depending on volunteer availability.
Do you have a spare laptop?
These classes couldn’t take place without kind donations; we have enough for a full class but are at present lacking laptops running Windows 7, or Windows 10. We renovate donations of old laptops by erasing all data and restoring them to their original factory settings. If you have an unwanted working laptop (even if it’s slow) and would like to donate it, please call 07910 858267 or e-mail email@example.com.