Our programme of free IT courses for Windows have been running since summer 2013 here at the Loundsley Green Community Centre. These are open to all, run weekly for eight weeks, and places are available on a first-come first-served basis. We offer both beginner and intermediate classes, which we aim to make light-hearted, engaging and social with plenty of one-to-one support. Booking is essential to avoid disappointment!
Beginner Classes – Thursdays 7pm-9pm (Starting Summer 2017)
- Week 1-2: Basics, Starting with a keyboard and mouse.
- Week 3-4: Using the Internet and E-mail safely, Passwords, Dealing with pop-ups
- Week 5-6: Using online searches, public services
- Week 7-8: Using web forms, Job hunting online, CV skills
Contact Terry on 07815 538967 or email@example.com to book for the beginners class.
Intermediate Classes – Wednesdays 7pm-9pm (Starting 31st May)
- Week 1: Windows Operating System overview and navigation
- Week 2: Devices and Gadgets
- Week 3: Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Week 4: Video & Messaging (Skype, YouTube)
- Week 5: Shopping online and staying safe, consumer websites
- Week 6: Make Money Work, Buying and Selling online, price comparison
- Week 7: Photo editing
- Week 8: Creating a Website, Sharing Knowledge
If you or somebody you know would like to register for the classes, please Terry on 07815 538967 to book your place or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (before 23rd May) to register your interest.
If you would like to tutor or help-out in the classes, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We’re always looking to expand classes and offer them on different days and times depending on volunteer availability.
Do you have a spare laptop?
These classes couldn’t take place without kind donations; we have enough for a full class but are at present lacking laptops running Windows 7, or Windows 10. We renovate donations of old laptops by erasing all data and restoring them to their original factory settings. If you have an unwanted working laptop (even if it’s slow) and would like to donate it, please call 07910 858267 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.