Since we began in 2010, these have been our primary aims:
- To provide a focus for the local community;
- To provide facilities where people can come together to take part in activities;
- To provide opportunities for learning;
- To provide opportunities for fun;
- To provide opportunities for improving health and well-being;
- To help community groups to work together;
- To promote successful community action;
- To help community organisations to communicate effectively;
- To reach out to older people, young people and those who are vulnerable or disadvantaged.
In order to further these aims we will:
- Take responsibility for the running of the community centre;
- Put on events;
- Promote community projects;
- Encourage participation and cooperation;
- Work with others in the community with similar aims.