Our objects as an organisation as defined in our constitution are:
(i) To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Loundsley Green and surrounding areas without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, race or of political, religious or other opinions, by associating together the said inhabitants and the local authorities, voluntary and other organisations in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and other leisure time occupations with the objects of improving the conditions of life of the said inhabitants.
(ii) To establish or secure the establishment of a community centre (hereinafter called ‘the centre’) and to maintain and manage the same (whether alone or in co-operation with any local authority or person or body) in furtherance of these objects.
Since we began in 2010, these have been our primary focus areas:
- To provide a focus for the local community;
- To provide facilities where people can come together to take part in activities;
- To provide opportunities for learning;
- To provide opportunities for fun;
- To provide opportunities for improving health and well-being;
- To help community groups to work together;
- To promote successful community action;
- To help community organisations to communicate effectively;
- To reach out to older people, young people and those who are vulnerable or disadvantaged.
In order to further these aims we will:
- Take responsibility for the running of the community centre;
- Put on events;
- Promote community projects;
- Encourage participation and cooperation;
- Work with others in the community with similar aims.